Objectives & Outcomes
Participants in CMOE’s facilitation-skills workshop, Leading Groups to Solutions, develop a variety of skills that can be used not only to facilitate group decision-making, but to improve team and organizational communication overall. As a result of their training in facilitation skills, participants are able to
- Recognize how facilitating group discussions differs from making presentations.
- Improve group communication and maximize the contributions of team members.
- Manage and provide greater structure and increased effectiveness to all team sessions.
- Analyze, diagnose, and expose the root cause of a problem.
- Prevent others from speculating, making assumptions, and jumping to premature conclusions.
- Take a collaborative approach to solving problems.
- Think through and identify innovative alternatives.
- Compare the relative worth of the options available and determine which solutions are best.
- Consider risks and threats to making a successful choice.
- Provide direction and confidently move forward with the solution determined to be best.
- Build trusting and collaborative relationships with others.