Objectives and Outcomes
During the Confronting Racism workshop participants will:
- Define and discuss race-related terminology from a culturally astute perspective.
- Identify a personal race narrative and its impact on their perceptions, emotional reactions, interpersonal interactions, and behavior.
- Identify the concept of “lived reality” and recognize and acknowledge the validity of different lived realities.
- Identify and discuss the four levels of racism and recognize that racism comes from both internal and external forces that results in disparate treatment of others in personal, social, and work environments.
- Identify six strategies often used for managing interpersonal differences and relate them to their lived reality.
- Create awareness of the common occurrences of microaggressions and discover techniques to minimize the occurrence of and response to.
- Develop a Learn, Share, and Risk Action Plan towards racial equity.