CMOE has extensive experience in the strategy field. We regularly work with senior leadership teams to develop or improve strategy that will help them maintain their current competitive advantage, find new sources of competitive advantage, and sustain long-term growth.
What are the Stages of the Strategy Development Process?
Strategy development processes do not need to be complicated, but it is important to discuss, debate, and create plans using a proven strategy framework. We always begin the strategy-development process with an assessment and thorough analysis of the organization so that we understand the client’s background and challenges, as well as the key factors that have led to their success to this point in time. This process also helps us discover the dominant thought patterns in the firm or functional areas and the assumptions people make about the following areas:
- The organization’s current direction
- The organization’s infrastructure
- The predominant point of view about the organization’s competitors and suppliers
- The level of risk and opportunities present in the external business environment
- The relationship with customers and what they think about the organization’s ability to meet their current and future needs
This foundation becomes the basis for creating a strategic plan that addresses the challenges and opportunities facing the organization or team using CMOE’s proven processes and tools and with the guidance of a skilled facilitator.