Objectives & Outcomes
Because every organization’s needs are unique, CMOE works closely with the organization and/or teams to identify key objectives and outcomes that drive the strategic-teaming process. Some common objectives and outcomes include the following:
- Open up dialogue around critical strategic opportunities in the business and discuss how to seize and execute on those opportunities.
- Gain alignment on a shared strategy so it can be communicated across the organization and cascaded throughout each function that needs to support it.
- Help cross-functional teams or functional areas of the business jointly identify strategic priorities that will capture competitive advantage for the organization.
- Make and drive important strategic decisions, define commitments, and develop action plans.
- Create a disciplined structure for action around the strategies that each business function or team develops in relation to their shared goals.
- Assist strategic teams with implementation of skills, behaviors, tools, and practices that will ensure that the strategy’s execution is consistent.
- Seek alignment and define methods for sharing information appropriately, eliminating competing goals, and building successful teams.
- Identify waste, inefficiencies, and tactical distractions so each function can operate on a strategic track.
- Build cohesive, committed teams that are dedicated to executing on the strategic plan.
- Establish strategic measures of effectiveness to ensure successful execution and accountability for the strategies that are created.