Objectives & Outcomes
Participants develop and learn how to apply a number of critical competencies during the Courageous Conversations workshop that are practical and immediately applicable on the job:
- Identify interpersonal situations that they find problematic and recognize why their best efforts to deal with these situations are often ineffective.
- Establish conditions that will enable people to act with high levels of candor, respect, and responsibility when they encounter difficult, complex issues.
- Be direct but not overbearing.
- Minimize destructive placement of blame when dealing with tough problems and issues, and keep people focused on the relevant issues.
- Develop precise questions to conduct a skillful conversation.
- Engage in robust conversations with people in higher positions of authority so that critical, bottom-up communication remains open and productive.