The workshop incorporates the following tools and techniques to ensure that the learning is focused on the unique coaching needs of a continuous-improvement environment:
- Case studies that are tailored to continuous-improvement coaching challenges.
- Self-inquiry exercises that help participants examine their communication and coaching abilities, identify strengths on which they can build, and focus on opportunities for improvement.
- A practical coaching process that helps those involved in continuous-improvement initiatives open up two-way dialogue, build relationships, and establish a coaching culture across the organization.
- Opportunities to practice and apply the skills.
- Application and sustainability tools that give participants a consistent coaching framework and a shared understanding of the continuous-improvement coaching process and its goals.
By blending continuous-improvement coaching concepts with practice and real-world application, participants develop their skills and confidence in influencing and coaching employee performance. This cutting-edge approach helps managers, team leaders, and other who are coaching others gain the ability to interact with associates and team members in a way that will motivate action, drive out fear, and maximize continuous-improvement performance through positive change.