Exceptional teamwork is the keystone in building an organization’s short- and long-term success, but establishing cohesive teams can be challenging due to the complex issues they face: day-to-day demands, differences in personalities, lack of alignment, communication issues, team-member motivation, etc. To counterbalance these common challenges, teams must have the opportunity to continually develop their capabilities, address important team issues, and discover ways to build and sustain a high level of performance. CMOE is an industry leader in providing results-driven and custom-designed retreats for intact teams that give them a forum to work together to determine how to maximize their effectiveness, address issues they are facing, and build a collaborative team that is committed to excellence. Each retreat is tailored to address the unique dynamics and critical business issues of the team. CMOE’s team retreats often cover topics like the following:
- Team direction and strategy
- Team-member skill development
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Newly formed team building
- Alignment across functions
- Team growth
- Team culture
- Information exchange
- Decision making
Drawing from our vast library of tools, exercises, simulations, learning resources, instructional materials, and self- and team assessments, CMOE is able to design and deliver retreats and team meetings that tackle the needs of teams of all types. Our expert consultants help team members break down barriers and get out of their comfort zone as they explore key issues, areas for change, and supporting action plans. The combination of focused facilitation and CMOE’s proven processes enables teams to build new levels of cohesiveness, communication, trust, and growth.
“Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.”
CMOE’s Team-Development Process
Having a productive partnership with our clients is important to us. We believe that in order to work with a team effectively on an ongoing basis, we need to be well prepared and create an experience that leads to positive change and results. Our typical process is as follows:
PHASE I – FOCUS
- Understand Client Strategy: CMOE seeks to understand the organization and the team’s unique culture and philosophy, industry and marketplace, mission, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Define Specific Goals: We work with the client to establish expectations, objectives, and desired outcomes.
PHASE II – ANALYZE
- Current State Analysis: Through research, interviews, focus groups, and assessments, CMOE can analyze the team to establish a baseline understanding of its development needs and issues.
- Present Recommendations: CMOE provides feedback, recommendations, and suggestions to the organization or team about how to structure the development process or retreat.
- Review Recommendations: CMOE and the client collaborate on a recommended approach or design framework to ensure that it aligns with the needs of the team.
PHASE III – EXECUTE & SERVICE
- Plan the Implementation: CMOE and the client will establish specific steps, timelines, and plans for a successful team-development process or retreat.
- Implement: CMOE facilitators lead the retreat or alignment meeting and help the team identify plans and accountability measures to support the work done by the team following the meeting.
- Sustain & Measure: CMOE provides ongoing support and resources to help the team be successful or engage in an ongoing process that will bring out the best in the team.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.