In the Transition to Leadership Workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Build relationships and engage in open, productive, and collaborative communication.
- Take ownership for business results and team-member growth.
- Balance the needs of their stakeholders: owners, employees, customers, and community.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce the organization’s mission and goals.
- Make decisions and solve problems in a constructive way.
- Confidently delegate tasks, assignments, and projects to team members and create a culture of accountability.
- Define team goals and priorities.
- Create action plans for goals and priorities.
CMOE’s Transition to Leadership workshop accelerates the development of new leaders by providing participants with a learning experience that focuses on building the mind and heart of a world-class leader. The course design incorporates opportunities for self-discovery so that participants feel a compelling need to change and adapt to their new roles and responsibilities.
The Transition to Leadership program can also be customized to address the exact areas of focus or other important leadership topics that have been identified as priorities for new leaders in the organization. We can provide a framework for participants to work from that incorporates the organization’s leadership-expectations model into the workshop materials. As with all our workshops and products, we utilize the following adult-learning principles to provide an engaging, relevant, and practical learning experience for all participants:
- Short presentations
- Simulations and exercises
- Models and skills
- Survey feedback
- Case studies
- Action plans
The real-world application and sustainability tools, combined with the learning and practice opportunities offered during the workshop, give new leaders the skills and confidence they need to excel in their role.