Research indicates that front-line supervisors do not receive enough training to prepare them for taking on leadership roles successfully.
Front-line supervisors are often promoted from the line because they are high achievers and show leadership qualities, but at the same time, many new supervisors have mixed emotions about advancing from an individual-contributor position to taking on the responsibilities of a leader. Without the proper skills and interpersonal tools, many feel overwhelmed—which can lead to lost productivity, reduced team morale, and even a return to a non-supervisory role.
The modules and courses provided as part of CMOE’s Supervisor Development Series are designed to deliver an effective, cost- and time-sensitive solution to the issues and challenges that supervisors may encounter. These modules are available as a series, individually, or as a custom package. Our supervisor development programs are designed to help current supervisors become more effective leaders; they also assist recently promoted employees with transitioning into supervisory roles more successfully. These training courses teach and train participants on the essential, but powerful, basic supervisory skills and responsibilities all supervisors must have in order to understand and connect with the workforce and drive results for the organization:
- Role of the Supervisor
- Delegation & Accountability
- Building Trust
- Managing Difference
- Handling Pressure
Participants leave our supervisor training programs feeling prepared not only to meet, but to exceed their performance expectations, as well as confident and excited about being in a supervisory role.
The learning modules and training courses in the Supervisor Development Series are packed with fundamental ideas, tips, and applications for creating a positive work environment and building front-line leaders that contribute to the organization’s bottom line.
This supervisor development program was designed to meet the unique learning needs of supervisors and with their success in mind:
- Time: Team leaders or supervisors are pressed for time as they tackle day-to-day responsibilities. These compact learning experiences are ideal for developing leaders on the front lines.
- Topics: Front-line leaders deal with unique leadership challenges and requirements. Each topic was selected based on over three decades of working with supervisors and targeted to address the specific issues and challenges they face.
- Sustainability: Supervisors must be able to immediately apply what they have learned. This development program includes hands-on implementation of each learned skill and an application process to ensure consistent reinforcement, accountability, and retention of what is learned.
Additionally, one of CMOE’s strongest capabilities is developing customized solutions to meet each organization’s unique needs. For example, some training modules include scenario analysis as part of the experiential-learning approach. CMOE offers a superior capability to provide industry-appropriate case studies; we can also assist the organization in developing a company-specific version of a course or introduce additional leadership-development topics that address our client organizations’ specific needs and requests.
Experience our proven system of developing your new leaders with our online supervisor training programs—and try them risk-free!
Each Supervisor Development Module described below is packed with fundamental ideas, tips, and application strategies and is designed to help participants achieve focused learning outcomes.
Role of the Supervisor
- Explore the differences between management and leadership and how to balance both sets of skills.
- Discover the critical success factors and competencies that support effective leadership.
- Learn practical leadership skills you can apply to your work situations and challenges.
- Gain insights about your leadership strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify tools for increasing your leadership effectiveness and ability to connect with team members.
- Reflect on the importance and benefits of effective communication.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses in your communication abilities.
- Learn how to apply a communication framework to your interactions with others.
- Learn to ask effective questions to gain valuable information.
- Evaluate your natural listening style and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand the benefits of providing effective and personalized recognition to team members.
- Explore specific strategies for providing recognition.
- Identify team members who you can recognize immediately.
- Build awareness about the essential ingredients and qualities needed to build a highly effective team.
- Explore strategies that will enhance your team’s value.
- Examine your role and contribution as a supervisor to the team’s effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for improvement for yourself and the team.
- Create plans for applying the concepts and skills.
Delegation & Accountability
- Identify the benefits and importance of delegation and accountability.
- Discover your current delegation and accountability strengths and areas for improvement.
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently communicate a delegated assignment to team members and follow through with them to maintain accountability.
- Explore the relationship between delegation and accountability.
- Learn why trust is important in building productive relationships and achieving business results.
- Identify the behaviors and actions that break down trust.
- Explore the behaviors and actions that build trusting and respectful interpersonal relationships.
- Reflect on how to rebuild trust if it has been lost or damaged.
- Create action plans and strategies for sustainability.
- Develop greater self-awareness about your approach to managing differences.
- Explore the common causes of differences and conflict.
- Learn about the primary approaches to managing differences and conflict.
- Learn how to work through differences and conflict in a collaborative way.
- Identify opportunities for development and growth.
- Identify situations and factors that cause you to feel pressure and stress.
- Increase your awareness about how you are currently handling high-pressure situations.
- Explore possible outcomes when pressure is handled effectively and results that can occur when it is handled less effectively.
- Learn practical, pressure-relieving and prevention techniques and strategies.
Online Training for Supervisors
At CMOE, we’re committed to helping you hit your KPIs, quarterly goals, engagement levels, and more by providing access to world-class training and development opportunities. But in-person workshops don’t make sense for every team or in every situation. That’s why CMOE created the essential Supervisor Development Series – On Demand Program. This program is a self-paced, digital- learning development solution that is ideal for organizations that need to increase the capability of leaders on the front lines in an efficient, cost-effective way.
This digital, on-demand Supervisor Development Series includes the same training courses outlined above and can be taken individually, as a series, or compiled into a custom package. These dynamic courses equip team leaders, frontline leaders, and supervisors with the fundamental skills they need to excel in their leadership role and engage the workforce in new ways.
Why Choose CMOE for Online Supervisor Training Programs?
CMOE’s Supervisor Development Series is designed with the learner in mind and based on key training objectives:
- Easy to Navigate and Absorb: You can complete an entire course in one sitting or in chunks, integrating it with your current knowledge before moving forward with the next section.
- Promote Personalized Learning: Participants can fit lessons into their schedules, learning during their commute, lunch, or time at home—whenever they are most alert and ready to learn.
- Provide Engaging and Relevant Content: We constantly strive for excellence and use up-to-date design methodologies and digital learning tools to ensure an enjoyable and effective learning experience and sustain ongoing application after you complete the course.
“The talented employee may join a company because of its charismatic leaders, its generous benefits, and its world-class training programs, but how long that employee stays and how productive he is while he is there is determined by his relationship with his immediate supervisor”
“One of the main reasons [front-line supervisors reported] lack of satisfaction is that companies’ training programs are not designed to help frontline managers, despite the potential impact their jobs can have. Only 10 percent of respondents say their companies’ frontline manager training is effective in preparing managers to lead.”
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.