Organizations need strong and capable strategic leaders who can motivate, coach, and inspire people to do strategic work that will help ensure the organization’s success over the long term. Contributors at all levels in the organization look to their leaders for direction and clues about how the future will unfold and how they can add distinctive value to the organization and ensure its success.
Strategic Leadership Course Outline
CMOE’s Strategic Leadership Workshop provides managers and leaders within an organization with the skills and tools they need to successfully capitalize on the forces and events that shape their world, allowing them to become architects of the future within their area of responsibility. Leaders learn how to strategically position their Business-within-the-Business™ (function, department, or team) by creating their own unique, standalone strategy that aligns with and supports the organization’s overarching strategy. The strategic leadership course outline helps leaders see the big picture and find new ways for their team to contribute maximum value over the long run by operating from a more-strategic point of reference while still delivering on today’s expectations.
Strategic Leadership Course: Objectives & Outcomes
Our Strategic Leadership course is designed to help leaders:
1. Deliver business results and meet shorter-term expectations in a way that supports the organization’s overarching mission, vision, and strategy.
2. Formulate strategy for their Business-within-the-Business™ and identify opportunities that will affect longer-term results.
3. Use strategic insight and business-strategy skills to create compelling business initiatives and strategic priorities for their area of responsibility.
4. Formulate and execute innovative strategic plans and activities.
5. Identify the tactics and objectives that will contribute to the successful execution of the strategy.
6. Involve their team members in executing strategic plans and creating Strategic Measures of Effectiveness™.
7. Enhance the strategic agility of their team.
To maximize its effectiveness, CMOE customizes the Strategic Leadership course to the organization’s business setting and unique strategic challenges. The workshop is designed to be highly interactive and immediately applicable; participants use the strategic management skills they gain to begin formulating their own strategic plans during the learning experience. The following components are central to this dynamic program:
- Case studies
- Strategic-leadership assessment and self-inquiry exercises
- Discussion groups
- Skill-building lecturettes
- Practical tools and resources
We can also provide ongoing sustainability services to support participants with application and implementation as they continue to build their strategic-leadership and strategic-management skills. Our talented facilitators have experience in a wide range of fields and offer a unique perspective to the program. Participants receive individualized attention and feedback on their leadership style and strategic-leadership skills and capabilities and walk away from our strategic management training with an integrated and aligned set of skills and tools.
Strategic Competencies Assessment
Many organizations are looking for ways to improve their capacity to formulate and execute on their strategic vision. CMOE’s Strategic Competencies Assessment™ is designed to measure how well the collective enterprise or individual leaders are thinking about and performing critical activities and tasks that ensure long term, sustained success for the organization.
This assessment was developed through years of research, training, individual coaching, and assisting the world’s leading organizations in developing and executing forward-looking plans. The assessment is the ideal choice for helping leaders with the application of three essential strategy tasks:
- Think: reason, anticipate, and observe
- Manage: analyze, plan, and allocate resources
- Lead: innovate, communicate, and generate passion, creativity, and discipline
The Strategic Competencies Assessment™ analyzes the critical tasks of strategy (Thinking, Managing, and Leading) across four sets of critical skills and competencies that drive successful strategic action and results for each function or line of business within the organization.
There are two options for administering the assessment:
- Leader view – Measures how a leader thinks about and performs the four core strategic tasks within their role.
- Enterprise view – Measures how the collective organization performs in terms of the four core strategic tasks.
Upon completion of the Strategic Competencies Assessment™, leaders or teams receive a comprehensive report that pinpoints key strengths as well as competencies and practices that need further development. This feedback gives leaders and teams the insight they need to take immediate action on new strategic plans or refresh plans they already have in place. The assessment data can also be used to guide and support the work they do in CMOE’s Strategic Leadership Guide, a framework designed to help leaders formulate and shape a strategic direction that creates a competitive edge.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.