As organizations strive to get the most out of their current workforce and build the next generation of talent, it is increasingly important to have outstanding facilitators who can help employees and leaders excel with their current responsibilities while also being prepared for future opportunities. The most successful and competitive organizations know how important it is to be committed to ongoing facilitator training and development.
Our Facilitation Skills for Trainers workshop provides people who deliver training or instruction with the tools and strategies they need to engage learners and maximize the effectiveness of their training programs. It is the ideal solution for training managers, subject-matter experts, new and/or experienced instructors, or anyone else in the organization who is involved in facilitating the learning and development of others and needs to have advanced facilitation skills.
The learning experience offered in our facilitator training focuses on improving a facilitator’s ability to:
- Evaluate training needs
- Engage learners
- Introduce concepts and skills
- Support people in the development of critical skill sets
- Assist participants with creating application plans that will ultimately lead to greater success on the job and drive results for the organization.
This program builds on the facilitator’s current skills and strengths and explores practical tools and techniques to address opportunities for improvement. It is designed to energize facilitators and help them discover strategies to make training programs more dynamic, interactive, and practical for their audiences.
Facilitator Training Objectives & Outcomes
Participants in our Facilitation Skills for Trainers workshop learn how to
- Apply adult-learning principles to each training experience and create powerful learning tasks.
- Connect with and respond to the needs of diverse learners (style, personality, culture, gender, management level, etc.).
- Create energy and provide interactive, relevant, and experiential learning experiences.
- Read and diagnose the audience’s needs and adjust their approach to facilitation accordingly.
- Present training content in a way that is interesting and relevant for trainees.
- Conduct an insightful debriefing of an assignment, exercise, case study, etc.
- Stimulate dialogue and create conditions for high levels of participation from the training group, in instructor-led and e-learning settings.
- Manage difficult participant behaviors and group dysfunction.
- Help participants transfer and apply the skills, concepts, and knowledge to their work.
“Good teachers never teach anything. What they do is create the conditions under which learning takes place.”
Our Approach To Facilitator Training
In the Facilitation Skills for Trainers workshop, we draw on our 40 years of experience in the learning and development industry as we help facilitators develop and hone their ability to be more effective in their roles and responsibilities. CMOE facilitators also use their expertise and experience to model and demonstrate the desired skills and techniques.
One of the hallmarks of the Facilitation Skills for Trainers workshop is its ability to help facilitators draw on their natural strengths and identify opportunities to build on their current approach in a way that is relevant to their unique facilitation style. Participants learn by practicing new skills during live or video-recorded simulations where facilitators showcase their skills in a genuine training experience. Through immediate feedback and review, participants develop the skills necessary to take their skills to the next level. Other exercises and design elements are built into the workshop to address the specific needs of the audience and to increase the facilitators’ focus and awareness of the things they need to be doing to ensure learning transfer and results in the organization.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Frequently Asked Questions
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.