Facilitator Training Objectives & Outcomes
Participants in the Facilitation Skills for Trainers workshop learn how to
- Apply adult-learning principles to each training experience and create powerful learning tasks.
- Connect with and respond to the needs of diverse learners (style, personality, culture, gender, management level, etc.).
- Create energy and provide interactive, relevant, and experiential learning experiences.
- Read and diagnose the audience’s needs and adjust their approach to facilitation accordingly.
- Present training content in a way that is interesting and relevant for trainees.
- Conduct an insightful debriefing of an assignment, exercise, case study, etc.
- Stimulate dialogue and create conditions for high levels of participation from the training group, in instructor-led and e-learning settings.
- Manage difficult participant behaviors and group dysfunction.
- Help participants transfer and apply the skills, concepts, and knowledge to their work.