About Leading Innovation
In today’s hypercompetitive marketplace, organizations have no choice but to innovate—and that requires leaders at every level who can create a culture of inspired innovation and guide people through the implementation of innovative ideas and solutions. The fact is, everyone can enhance their ability to generate value-added solutions and be more innovative. CMOE’s Leading Innovation workshop is a creative and interactive learning experience aimed at helping leaders get their team to be a proactive force and involved in identifying innovation opportunities rather than reacting to the innovations of others and missing the chance to use their knowledge and experience in new and exciting ways.
In this program, leaders develop the ability to manage the people side of innovation. They learn how to tap into the creativity of their team members and unlock discretionary thinking and ingenuity that will benefit the team and organization. Leaders also learn the tools and methodology for getting people to see beyond the obvious and encouraging team members to be more innovative. The skills practiced in the Leading Innovation workshop will develop leaders who can create an environment where innovation flourishes and where they are a driving force behind innovation efforts.
Objectives and Outcomes
Abundant opportunities exist to streamline, improve, create value-added solutions, and be more effective across teams, departments, and the organization. CMOE’s Leading Innovation workshop gives managers and leaders the skills and tools they need to effectively lead innovation in their organizations, work groups, or teams. As a result of the workshop, participants are able to
- Use the discovery process to help the flow of ideas evolve into solutions that create added value for the organization.
- Effectively evaluate a situation and generate innovative solutions.
- Model innovation behaviors and practices.
- Communicate innovation needs and direct the creative thought processes of team members into addressing specific business needs or challenges.
- Create an environment that allows people to create, ideate, and use their imagination to develop breakthrough ideas or find better ways of doing things.
- Motivate their team to put forth the effort needed to implement innovative ideas.
- Apply tools and resources that help them create a culture of innovation in their team.
Leading Innovation is an application-oriented learning experience in which participants learn how to use their natural leadership traits and characteristics to drive bottom-up innovation and lead people through top-down innovation. Important learning components include:
- The Leading Innovation Survey. This tool is designed to assess a leader’s strengths and areas needing development to become a more innovative thinker and leader.
- Personalize Innovation Road Map and Action Plans. Participants work on personalized action plans and receive feedback about how they can create a supportive internal culture in which innovation is seen as a core value.
- Other tools, case studies, frameworks and concepts, and other adult-learning-focused exercises, participants are able to develop and practice the skills and plan how to transfer the learning to their own situation.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.