To achieve excellence as an individual contributor or emerging leader and have a positive, long-term impact on the organization, one must be able to
- Establish personal credibility through trust and respect.
- Build productive relationships with others.
- Effectively manage adversity and change.
- Consistently act with purpose, principles, and values.
- Develop self- and social awareness.
The question is how best to access and utilize the internal reservoir of personal talents, attributes, and experiences of team members and leaders so that everyone is making a positive, long-term impact on the business. Even the most successful people sometimes need direction in how to best utilize their personal skills to influence others for results.
The Personal Impact Workshop is ideal for individual contributors, emerging leaders, or new leaders who need to develop their ability to influence others and become high performing contributors to the organization. The program introduces the critical skills and competencies that people working in modern organizations need in order to be influential, initiate change, manage themselves and their situations, build strong connections with others, and achieve exceptional levels of performance. The workshop focuses on the core skill sets that are essential to having personal impact, and participants engage in extensive personal impact analysis and self-discovery so they are more aware of their strengths and opportunities for development. After completing CMOE’s personal impact development coursework, participants can approach each day and task with greater awareness and a commitment to personal and professional excellence.
Objectives and Outcomes
Participants in the Personal Impact workshop learn how to
- Establish personal credibility by leveraging strengths and improving in areas needing further development.
- Cultivate collaborative and respectful relationships with others that will add value to their career and the organization.
- Communicate more effectively.
- Position and promote ideas and proposals so they are more likely to be accepted by others.
- Anticipate and lead productive change in the organization.
- Value individual differences and styles.
- Increase personal resiliency and patience.
- Regulate emotions and reactions.
- Embrace knowledge and build a commitment to personal learning and growth.
We make our learning experiences highly interactive by taking the concepts and skills and converting them into a practical processes and tools that are directly applicable and transferable to the workplace. We provide ongoing development plans and guides so participants can sustain what they have learned. The Personal Impact program includes exercises, case studies, discussions, and assessments to help participants engage in self-discovery and determine how they can personally incorporate the concepts into the way they operate on a day-to-day basis. This methodology allows participants to see when and how they can use the skills and tools, resulting in increased credibility, strong relationships, and better results.
Gallup research indicates that “only 21% of employees strongly agree that their organization is committed to building the strengths of each employee.” The Personal Impact workshop is a way to develop the organization’s talent and communicate the value of having a learning organization. Contact CMOE to learn more about this powerful course and the options for introducing these skills and tools into your organization.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Frequently Asked Questions
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.