Is innovation a skill?
Innovation in business is the ability to develop and implement something new, unique, or improved that creates distinctive value for the organization. It includes incrementally or boldly making changes to or improving existing products, processes, services, or solutions. Consistent innovation skills in the workplace are necessary for an organization to reach its full potential and prosper, yet many organizations lack this critical skill.
Why is innovation an important skill?
Innovation skills in the workplace are necessary for an organization to reach its full potential and stay ahead of the pace of change in today’s evolving environment, yet many organizations lack this critical skillset. Innovation is important because it
Drives growth through the creation of new, different, or updated offerings.
- Creates an exciting and challenging work environment.
- Differentiates the organization from competitors and creates meaningful competitive advantage.
- Informs customers that the organization is listening to them and anticipating their future needs.
- Minimizes the likelihood your business model will become outdated and stagnant.
How do you develop innovation skills?
The good news is that everyone in the organization can develop the capacity to be an innovative force. The Innovation Skills training from CMOE is hands-on working session designed to help individual contributors and leaders engage in innovative thinking and use their talents and experience to influence the organization in a profound way. This innovation skills training program helps participants develop the skills they need to:
- Innovate faster and more effectively.
- Constantly look for new ideas and creative solutions.
- Keep an open mind and challenge the status quo.
- Propose and communicate innovative ideas.
- Position, promote, and generate buy-in for innovative ideas and proposals.
- Contribute to a culture of experimentation, creativity, and innovation.
- Support innovative ideas introduced by others.
The Innovation Skills learning experience is designed to help your people become working practitioners who return to work with a renewed commitment and have already begun working on their own innovation opportunity in their own area of work.
Objectives and Outcomes
As a result of the Innovation Skills training, participants will be able to
- Prepare their minds to think creatively, ideate, and innovate.
- Explore and direct the flow of new ideas in productive directions.
- Evaluate situations and generate innovative solutions to solve business challenges and issues and take advantage of opportunities.
- Overcome barriers and obstacles to innovation.
- Confidently communicate innovative solutions.
- Be the driving force behind and create a unifying vision for innovation efforts
- Convert incremental, semi-radical, or breakthrough ideas into action.
- Strengthen their natural innovation abilities and better manage their opportunities for improvement.
- Identify resources to advance breakthrough ideas and create a culture of innovation throughout the organization.
The Innovation Skills training program is available in different formats, giving our clients the flexibility to choose the option that works best for them:
- Instructor-led, face-to-face workshop
- Instructor-led, virtual workshop
- Digital, asynchronous learning experience
The Innovation Skills training program has a modularized design that can be targeted and adjusted to fit the unique innovation needs of your audience.
CMOE offers Train-the-Trainer services for clients who prefer an internal facilitator deliver the Innovation Skills training program within their organization. The program can also be built into an internal curriculum or employee development series.
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.