Leaders are faced with a vast array of situations, tasks, and dilemmas on a daily basis. They often grapple with whether they should be more direct, controlling and in charge or whether they should use a more collaborative and participative approach when working with others. There are no obvious and simple, right or wrong solutions because the leadership style and approach should depend on the situation and on the needs of the individuals involved.
The Flexible Leadership Workshop helps leaders make sense of the situations they face every day. It provides them with the skills and tools they need in order to apply the right leadership style to these situations and achieve the results they desire. As a result of the workshop, participants are more skilled and adaptable as they work with others, manage change, solve problems, and make decisions that will drive results for the organization.
Objectives and Outcomes
We understand that leaders need to strike the balance between development of people and getting things done. Therefore, this program is designed around a practical road map that guides their decisions so they can delegate more effectively and facilitate discussions when involvement from team members is required. The roadmap also gives them the confidence to establish clear commitments and accountability. Participants also learn how to:
- Leverage the strengths in their natural leadership style
- Accurately assess and match the best leadership style for each situation
- Integrate direct and indirect forms of leadership
- Delegate clearly and effectively to team members
- Effectively facilitate group interactions, create synergy and build consensus
- Take charge, set direction and give instructions when appropriate and in a way that builds engagement and commitment
Some flexible leadership training programs and models are primarily focused on the needs and situations of the person or persons being led and some models are far too complex to be applied on an everyday basis. In order to make flexible leadership practical and applicable for leaders, we created a learning experience that effectively addresses these challenges by providing the following elements:
- An easy-to-use, intuitive tool for diagnosing the situation and applying the optimal leadership style.
- Clear and specific criteria for choosing the appropriate leadership style.
- Opportunities for extensive practice so participants can gain the confidence and skills needed to be a flexible leader.
- Flexibility assessments and exercises that identify strengths and areas for further development.
“The effective leader has the ability to be firm and fair, to push at the right time, and yet to be flexible at the appropriate moment.”
“Unless you can transform the general skillset within your team, you will not be strategically viable and able to drive value for the business in the future.”
“Leadership starts with a state of mind—to overcome the natural internal forces that keep individuals from taking the risks of stepping out, being vulnerable if wrong, and assuming responsibility.”
by 40 Years of Research
Leadership & Development Partner
to your Organization’s Needs
Need More Information?
Please fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you with more information.