Why invest in your people with a management training program?
Effective managers and leaders can inspire people by conveying confidence, providing clear direction, and sharing their vision of the future for the business. These are the people who implement business plans, execute strategies, and guide the organization to long-term success. Well-trained and capable managers enhance productivity, improve retention of talented people, and build a culture of engagement resulting in a business where people can achieve results. That is precisely why relevant, consistent, and practical training and development is the best investment you can make in the managers who lead your organization.
CMOE has been helping organizations upskill their management and leaders for over five decades with amazing success. We know that a critical step on the path to achieving measurable results is to make sure you understand the exact type of development your managers need.
How do we know which qualities our managers need to develop?
It is imperative that managers have the ability to effectively plan, organize, solve problems, measure results, guide teams, maintain accountability, and make sound decisions in a variety of business settings. They must also be skilled communicators and coaches, and have the ability to think strategically. It’s a lot to consider, and it might be tempting to provide training in every leadership competency you can think of, but that approach to learning just doesn’t result in sustainable change. If you want to implement a manager training program that will produce a measurable ROI, you might want to begin by asking a few relevant questions that will help you target your approach.
- Have we gathered enough data related to manager development needs to make informed decisions about what the program should include?
- What key qualities and competencies do managers need to develop across the business and support the business strategy and desired culture?
- Frontline or newly promoted managers
- Mid-level managers
- Senior managers
- How can we cascade consistent learning across the organization while focusing on the specific needs of each level of management?
- How do we incorporate this important development initiative into our existing learning and development framework?
- How could a strategic partner help us assess our needs, design impactful curriculum, customize relevant programs, and/or provide world-class training?
CMOE specializes in developing and delivering fully customizable management-training programs specifically designed to help your managers and leaders develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to succeed and produce results.
What qualities do your managers need to strengthen?
Our management workshops focus on the different management and leadership qualities, styles, and skills required to grow the business and create value for customers, owners, employees, and the community. Participants in these learning events gain a new sense of confidence in their abilities to leverage opportunities as well as a practical working knowledge of the concepts and skills needed to effectively solve business challenges and achieve extraordinary results. For example, one of CMOE’s most requested programs for managers and leaders is Coaching, a time-tested program that has proven to increase business results. The research-based and validated coaching process taught in this workshop can be included as part of a broader manager training program. It gives managers the hands-on skills they need to have performance discussions, guide, and inspire the people they lead, helping team members to feel more empowered, innovative, energized, and involved in the organization. The following is a list of frequently identified skills and competencies that many organizations feel their leaders must embody and important to address through management training programs:
- Accountability, feedback, and coaching
- Coaching for Results
- Managing differences and conflict
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Engaging in courageous conversations
- Management Principles and Fundamentals
- Leadership versus Management
- Goal Setting
- Innovative thinking
- Influencing others without authority
- Meeting Facilitation and Meeting Management
- Organizing, Prioritizing, and Delegating
- Leadership agility
- Performance Expectations and Measurement
- Being proactive and thinking strategically
- Building high performance teams
- Developing Team Members
- Prioritizing and managing time
- Problem solving and critical thinking
Meeting Your Design Requirements Is Our Goal
Our management-training workshops are tailored to meet the specific needs and objectives of your organization’s unique situation. We begin the process of program design by collaborating with our clients, assessing the challenges they face, and building a deep understanding of their goals and requirements for each learning event. Once we have completed a diagnosis of specific needs and understand specific requirements, our team of instructional designers and facilitators work directly with each client to build a high impact and dynamic program that will engage the learner and enable them to apply new insights to their opportunities and challenges.
Flexible Options for Your Workforce
The management and leadership training programs that CMOE creates for you can be delivered in a variety of formats and structures depending on the needs of the organization, the level of management, and the time participants can spend in a learning environment.
Program formats and structure
- Individual learning modules delivered over an extended period of time.
- A series of modules that link and build on each other.
- Learning journey with a longer-term vision that builds on critical organizational needs.
Program delivery methods
- In-person sessions
- Live-virtual facilitator led courses
- On-demand; self-paced programs
- Blended approaches
Training and development is an ongoing process, and because we understand how important it is to maintain and support new business initiatives, the CMOE team can provide support and guidance on long-term sustainability plans to get the most out of this investment. We can build creative and innovative sustainability approaches for clients who are looking for unique ways to change the culture. We will consult with you to make sure that you get the outcomes you want. Our extraordinary commitment to customer service and passion for this work will make your business more productive, innovative, and successful.
To learn more about how management training programs can help your organization move to the next level, please contact us for a complimentary consultation.