Organizations today invest significant time, energy, and financial resources into crafting brilliant corporate strategies. While having clearly articulated strategies is a critical business practice, for an organization to truly have long-term strategic success, strong strategic leaders are needed at every level in the business. These leaders must be able to execute on the corporate strategy and create supporting strategies for each element of the business’ value chain.
Who Develops Corporate Strategy?
CMOE believes strategy is everyone’s job, but leaders have a substantial responsibility for executing the corporate strategy and doing something of strategic significance in their part of the business so they can stay relevant and be a source of competitive advantage for the firm.
While the importance of corporate strategy development is paramount, the reality of today’s business environment is that corporate strategy will only be as effective as the individual parts contributing to it. Therefore, there must be many supporting strategies to go along with the corporate strategy. More than ever before, organizations need strong, capable strategic leaders who can create strategy, be strategic champions, and work together to achieve strategic imperatives.
CMOE’s Strategic Leadership Workshop is designed to help those who lead and manage a piece of the firm’s value chain of activities formulate and execute strategies, initiatives, and plans that align with the firm’s corporate strategy.
How Does the Strategic Leadership Workshop Help Corporate Leaders Develop and Execute Strategy?
Leaders who participate in CMOE’s Strategic Leadership Workshop will increase their ability to develop and execute corporate strategy. Participants in the program will learn how to:
- Align business units and functions around a clearly defined corporate strategy.
- Apply fundamental strategy concepts and principles used to create corporate strategy and develop a plan to win within the organization’s value chain and functional units.
- Set strategic direction for their area of responsibility that contributes to, and aligns with, the corporation.
- Articulate a clear and compelling strategic direction to their team, cascade the strategy, and leverage core capabilities around the corporate or functional strategy.
- Create competitive advantage for the organization by building strategies to ensure each business function adapts as the organization and market shifts.
- Increase their strategic awareness and combine it with their operational experience.
- Keep their part of the business relevant and add long-term value to the organization and the corporate strategy.
- Align business operations, talent, and resources around strategic priorities.
- Utilize strategic thinking and leadership practices with every-day activities and strategic efforts.
- Contribute strategically important knowledge to the organization so that strategy also filters up.
CMOE’s Strategic Leadership Workshop combines the best and most current thinking on strategy with timeless leadership principles in a highly engaging and practical development experience. Using an interactive and dynamic strategy simulation, leaders learn important corporate strategy principles and concepts, like creating a clear definition of how they intend to achieve key strategic goals that will help the organization achieve strategic success and win over the long run.
Learn More About the Strategic Leadership Workshop