Is Developing Strategy a Skill?
Strategic skills are becoming more and more important in the new economy. Employers want their employees to know how to contribute to the organizational strategies and think strategically about their own jobs and responsibilities. But because most people have not had strategy skills training or classes, the gaps between knowledge and experience are usually very wide. Not only that, even employees that have been with companies for a long time lack the know-how required to create and develop a strategy and apply strategic thinking to their tasks and responsibilities so they are prepared for the future.
How Do You Develop Strategic Skills?
CMOE works with people at all levels of an organization to teach them how to think strategically, look beyond the immediate requirements of the day, and to consider how their work impacts the future of the business.
Some strategic-thinking skills can be developed in the following ways:
- Be intentional in new situations. Take control early on rather than responding to situations afterwards.
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of opposing ideas and how to understand the whole picture.
- Improve your ability to be adaptable and envision new solutions.
These new strategic-planning skills help employees become aware of changing trends and leverage innovative ideas that will move the company into a successful future. These strategic skills can be learned and implemented at any level within the organization and will add new value to your organization by creating competitive strategic advantages.
Benefits of Developing Strategic Skills:
- Helps people think and act like a business and create strategic contributions to the organization.
- Promotes creative thinking, hard work, boldness, and discipline.
- Unleashes motivation by helping empowered employees to align themselves and their work with the overall organizational strategy.
- Helps people understand what drives success and how to personally contribute to the long-term viability of their roles and the organization.
- Promotes strategic management skills that filter up, ensuring greater success over a top-down-only format.
Develop Strategic Skills with our Proven Workshop
The Applied Strategic Thinking® (AST) Workshop provides a highly interactive learning experience to develop practical skills that will help both leaders and individuals rise to the competitive challenges of the day. The AST Workshop is based on our book, Ahead of the Curve: A Guide to Applied Strategic Thinking, and introduces the Applied Strategic Thinking® Model. The workshop applies adult-learning principles and uses an engaging business simulation, real-world application, and practice opportunities to bring the learning to life. Our consultants and facilitators help participants relate the strategic principles they learn in session to their own work situation, which provides a concrete understanding of the concepts and a working knowledge that is immediately applicable to their organization’s strategic vision.
CMOE understands that each client has different desires and circumstances. By designing our custom learning curriculum around the solutions that work best for you, we ensure that your organization’s specialized needs are met. When creating learning experiences, our goal is to efficiently develop an effective and affordable solution that builds a sustainable, high-performance culture. We design strategy curriculum for audiences at all levels, including Strategic Leadership, Strategic Thinking and Skills for Individuals and Teams, and Strategic Management Skills, and our offerings can be delivered in a variety of formats to meet your organization’s unique needs.